We currently have two volunteer opportunities:
1. Associate Director on our Board of Directors
2. Supervisory Committee Member
Scroll down to see details on both.
1. ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR POSTING
The Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to assist in setting strategy for the organization, as well as to gain personal experience for future endeavors. We are looking for people with a track record of leadership in various professional fields such as, but not limited to, human resources, benefits, IT, governance, marketing, and equally as important, holding a strong focus on our local communities.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Learn and understand the credit union philosophy and the desire to better the financial lives of Members
- Able to understand basic financial statements; additional training will be provided
- Able to think and plan strategically
- Skills in diplomacy and a passion that allows for active discussion
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
Service on Trademark’s Board of Directors is a volunteer opportunity that Trademark hopes will bring each individual fulfillment in knowing that they have had the opportunity to participate in shaping the future of the organization. This opportunity also provides exposure for individual leadership growth and experience in executive sessions.
To express your interest, please contact Amy Selepack at Amy.Selepack@TrademarkFCU.org with a resume and cover letter advising your interest and what experience you will bring to Trademark. If you have any questions, please email Eric Mayo, Board Chairperson at EMayo@maine.rr.com or Peter St. Onge, President/CEO at Peter.StOnge@TrademarkFCU.org.
Positions must be filled by Members of Trademark Federal Credit Union. These are unpaid volunteer positions.
ASSOCIATE BOARD OF DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Board’s job is to set direction for and control the Credit Union, making sure it is operated in a sound and prudent manner by providing effective management to the Credit Union’s operations. Decisions should be guided by the best interests of the Membership. The Associate Board Director engages at an advisory level without voting responsibilities. The intent is to bring in a person who is interested in future participation in a Director role if a vacancy arises.
DIRECTOR ROLE –
- Set policy
- Plan the Credit Union’s course
- Make sure the Credit Union maintains its sound financial condition
- Ensure the internal controls necessary for operating the credit union’s business are in place
- Review the Chief Executive Officer’s progress in achieving goals and objectives
- Be available for communication with Members and potential Members
Necessary Knowledge and Skills
- Understand the Credit Union philosophy and the desire to better the financial lives of Members
- Able to understand basic financial statements, additional training will be provided
- Able to think and plan strategically
- Attend monthly Board meetings, Annual Meeting and Annual Planning Session
- Work with the CEO and the Board to develop objectives and goals for the Credit Union, including strategic plans
- Make sure the Credit Union adheres to pertinent laws, regulations, and sound business practices
- Make sure the Credit Union maintains sound financial conditions and that the Credit Union’s assets are protected against unauthorized or illegal acts
- Review and approve policies for Credit Union programs and activities
- Make sure new products and services are developed as needed
- Approve the Credit Union budget
- Define the scope of the CEO’s job, hire someone to fill the position, and review progress in attaining goals and objectives
2. SUPERVISORY COMMITTEE POSTING
Trademark Federal Credit Union has an opening on our Supervisory Committee.
The Supervisory Committee is looking for an individual who is interested in learning more about the Credit Union and ensuring its soundness. Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or auditing is helpful in carrying out responsibilities for audit and verification but is not required.
Service on Trademark’s Supervisory Committee is a volunteer opportunity that Trademark hopes will bring each individual fulfillment in knowing that they have had the opportunity to participate in ensuring the soundness of the organization for a strong future.
To express your interest, please contact Amy Selepack at, Amy.Selepack@TrademarkFCU.org with a resume and cover letter advising your interest and what experience you will bring to Trademark.
This is an unpaid volunteer position and must be filled by a Member of Trademark Federal Credit Union.
SUPERVISORY COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
The job of the Supervisory Committee is to make sure that policies are established according to law and carried out faithfully.
- The financial condition of the Credit Union is accurately presented
- That management practices are sufficient to safeguard assets
- That accounting records are prepared promptly
- That internal controls are established and effectively maintained
- That plans, policies and control procedures established by the Board of Directors are properly administered
- Policies and control procedures to safeguard against error, carelessness, fraud, and self-dealing have been established
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a Member in good standing
- Must agree to a credit report and background review to meet bonding guidelines
- Must pass conflict of interest review
- Accounting background and/or education in this area and/or related work experience is helpful
- 1-2 hours a month for required duties
- An additional 2 hours a month if attending optional Board meetings