It’s the start of a new year. A time when we are all surrounded by ideas for self-improvement. Eat better. Indulge less. Exercise more. Control spending and save. They are great ideas – easy to agree to and challenging on the follow through. Although we can’t put carrots in your lunch box or drive you to the gym, we are here to help.
All of us at Trademark are focused on helping Members improve their financial lives. This year, our goal is to help Members with a Resolution Revolution. By helping you to identify achievable goals, we hope to make a difference in your life. We’ve put together a few ideas and created a simple checklist to help you keep track!
- Build a Budget – Write down your expenses and see how your money is spent. This will highlight areas where you might make changes. Try not to cut out all your perks. Instead, make conscious choices about expenses you will willingly cut out or reduce.
- Automatic Transfer to Savings – Set up your Trademark checking account to automatically transfer a certain amount to your savings account each month. If you save $10 per week, that’s an additional $520 in your savings account by the end of the year.
- Stay Consistent– Compare your actual spending to the budget each month. See what’s working and what needs changing.
- Make Your Money Work for You – Your money could earn more interest just by moving it into a different deposit account. If you have $10,000 in a regular savings, your annual interest earned would be $15. If you move that to a money market account, it could earn $100 in a year or, switch to a 12 month CD to earn $190. Trademark has deposit accounts for all your savings goals.
- Remember Your Why – Are you saving for a special event? Trying to reduce debt? Trying to feel more in control? Whatever the reason, write it down and remind yourself frequently that saving – even $10 each week – is moving you closer to an important milestone. You can even change the name of your account to match your goal. Just log into Trademark Online, go to the Member Service tab and select Suffix Preference to rename your account.
These are just a few examples of strategies to help you save money. Trademark is invested in helping you increase your financial health. Come in and sit with one of our representatives to find out about the tools available to help you jump start your Resolution Revolution for Saving in 2019!